Sunday, October 21, 2018

October 21, 2018


We got an email from Matthew on Monday, October 15th- his first PDay in Seattle.  Here are the important details of his first location:
  • Companion/Trainer - Elder Worthington
  • Area: Federal Way
  • Ward: Hylebos Ward
Here's what he shared in his email this week:

"The members are amazing and the people are cool. Me and Elder Worthington had a run in with one guy that was a little sketchy but other than that it's been great. Elder Worthington is awesome, he's from Billings Montana. He has taught me a lot and I am grateful to have him as my trainer. I think my favorite part of Federal Way is probably the zone...we all got buzz cuts so now we all have short hair haha, but honestly I needed the haircut, my cowlick was starting to act up. But for real. I love the people. The missionaries are fun and cool to be around. I like the members and how welcoming they are, and I also like that I am serving around people that Mr. Durrant knows."


"So we have a basement apartment in the Align Apartment complex. It is just me and Elder Worthington in the apartment. I will need a bike soon, however we are currently in a driving area so yay! Actually fun story about the car. Elder Worthington lost the car on Tuesday when I arrived and our area was going to be a biking/walking mission, but neither of us had bikes at the time so we were walking and since our ward is so big we barely got to all of our appointments on Wednesday, but Wednesday night we got a text for the vehicle manager that we would be getting our car back the following day. Also we have been super lucky this week with beautiful clear sky's. So we get to see the stars every night while out tracting. Also getting up hasn't been a problem yet for me. It wasn't that hard in the MTC and I think that the extra hour helps here in Washington as well."

"Ok so for the scripture of the week I would like to share Mosiah 3:7. I bore my testimony in fast and testimony meeting yesterday and I talked about Jesus love for all of us, and that scripture talks about Jesus bleeding from every pore in gethsemane for all of us." 

We only got one picture this week (still working on getting him to send more!).  He has a pretty cool view of Mt. Rainier.


No comments:

Post a Comment

October 20, 2019

October 20, 2019 With the changes to communication it feels as if there is less and less to add to the blog each week because Matthew call...