Sunday, November 25, 2018

November 25, 2018

  

Matthew has had his first "transfer day" in the field.  It's crazy because on transfer weeks their Pday gets moved to Tuesday....so all of Monday we were wondering if that was why we hadn't heard from him.  Anyway he found out that he gets to stay in they Hylebos Ward for at least another 6 weeks, but his companion was changed.  His new companion is Elder Hodgson.  He would get to meet him on Wednesday, so we haven't heard much about him yet other than he's been serving about as long as Elder Worthington.

Here's what we heard from Matt's email:


"So fun thing, and I know you were probably freaking out yesterday. On the week of Transfers Pday become that Tuesday, why? I have no clue. I feel like it makes Monday a less productive day, because everyone is packing and saying goodbye instead of really being out spreading the gospel. I am staying in Hylebos, but unfortunately Elder Worthington is being transferred. So I will meet my new companion sometime today, once I know who he is I'll let you know. So for the meals, yeah no more member dinners during the week, starting December 1st, hopefully that means that they raise the amount of money that we get per month, but all the missionaries seem pretty doubtful of that. I guess that means I'll be choking down Ramen for the next 2 years. As for the car, as of this moment I don't know if I'm keeping it or not, Elder Worthington is the driver, and I haven't gotten my driving privileges yet, so I'll let you know what's going on with that. However our Zone Leaders ruined their car a couple days ago so we have been without one for a minute anyway.. and unfortunately it has made me really hate life... I had a really bad day biking around Sunday and so I just hope that the car stays.  As for prayers this week.. I think if you just keep me in mind, as well as Elder Worthington then that'll be good, as well as the rain, there have really only been 2 days that I've had to deal with the rain so it's working haha. Only new thing going on this week is transfers.  Other than that, it's been a slow week. Most of our friends are out of town and the ones that aren't are really busy. As for decorations, I don't know if they're allowed or not, I think they are? It is encouraged to make the apartment feel homey so that you don't get homesick. We have a fireplace in our apartment so I plan on keeping it feeling homey that way. Anyway I'm sorry that you didn't get to hear from me yesterday. I love you and I miss you!



Elder Harding"

On his pdays we are allowed to use Google Hangouts to send short messages back and forth.  Dave was able to "talk" with Matt and learned about him playing basketball each morning, found out more about his church building, and his favorite places in the community.  He also shared about helping visit an elderly lady in the area.  He also told us that for Thanksgiving they had been invited to a member's home who planned to make them a Hawaiian Thanksgiving meal.  He was excited to get to eat with them.  

We are happy he is staying in the Hylebos ward because the Angelos are there and they take really good care of him.  In fact I got a text from her Saturday night with a picture of Matt with his new companion.  I really wish he could just stay in Hylebos forever because about the ONLY pictures I get of the kid are from Sister Angelo :)


The Angelos have been so wonderful.  I have sent his next package to them (it should arrive tomorrow) and he will be at their house on Christmas for our facetime/skype call.  I am so appreciative of them watching out for him while he is in their ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

October 20, 2019

October 20, 2019 With the changes to communication it feels as if there is less and less to add to the blog each week because Matthew call...