Sunday, November 4, 2018

November 4, 2018



This was our first "holiday" with Matthew in Washington.  Last week we send him a package that he should have gotten late Monday, October 29th.  We also sent him a picture of the boys at our  ward Halloween trunk-or-treat, and we got a small snapshot of what I think is one from the ward he's serving in.

Here's what we hear from him this past week:

Hey Mom! So I think I get to stay with Elder Worthington for a full 12 weeks, most commonly that's what they do because they don't want to transfer to a new companion in the middle of the field training. The weather is ok, it has started to rain and I was on exchanges the other day, so me and my temporary companion couldn't drive, which meant that we got to bike.. it was raining that morning.. It's been off and on since then, however the constant is like this spit kind of rain where you can't really feel it or see it, but it's there. That kind is the worse because then you are just wet by walking from one door to the next. You can pray the MSF reloads, because if it doesn't then me and Elder Worthington will be having ramen all the month of Novmeber. Other than that, maybe pray for some clear days from the rain, I don't mind the clouds, but being wet from the waist down just isn't very fun. My scripture for this week will probably be Mark 5, I read the entire chapter and it really is a good example of faith. So when sharing things on  Facebook, and to answer your question about if we are given a topic or not, we aren't. I search through the mormon messages on the gospel library app until I find one that really stands out to me and might help someone I know from home. Halloween will be just a normal day for us, we had the ward Trunk-orTreat this last Friday and I got to meet a few more members. Other than that we have a member dinner planned for the night of Halloween so that'll be fun. I hope that the basement reno has been going alright. The back of the basement is nearly unrecognizable now, and I hope you have a floor plan drawn out that you can show me! I'm a little disappointed to be gone from home while your all working on it, home renos were one of my favorite things we did, you'll have to tell me more about Amber and the car... hopefully it's still in one piece by the time I'm back so that I don't have to drive her everywhere.
Love you.
Elder Harding

Hopefully this week he received out Halloween package, and we can convince him to send us some more pictures.  He is very stubborn about this whole picture thing ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

October 20, 2019

October 20, 2019 With the changes to communication it feels as if there is less and less to add to the blog each week because Matthew call...