Sunday, November 11, 2018

November 11, 2018

Here's what we hear from Elder Harding this week:

"We still have the car, and it sounds like we will have it until the end of the year.  So far it hasn't actually got too cold yet, so I think that I'm good on long John's."

They had an extra day of worry that they wouldn't get their MSF reloaded on time.  But his email says:

"MSF was reloaded, it apparently comes on the second to last business day of the month, also the members in this ward are so awesome. We got like 3 big bags of groceries this last week. The ward is actually really nice, they are similar to a Utah ward.  

As for praying for dry weather, yeah I think it's working. It hasn't really rained that hard since the day I biked so keep it up :)! This week all I can think of is to keep me and the missionaries in mind during your prayers and also the friends we are teaching. 

The scripture that I have found a lot of comfort in this week is Matthew 17:20. I like that it says that with faith, like true faith, you can do anything."

During our back and forth chat last week I also learned that Matthew made a bet with his zone leader (Elder Bowman) when playing basketball this week that I think he has learned a lesson from.  He bet Elder Bowman that he couldn't make 2 shots in a row from full court...well he made them and I guess now Matthew gets to buy Elder Bowman a new white shirt.  

He did send us some pictures of his apartment this week, so we finally get to see where he is staying, but still not pictures of him from him!  Luckily, the area he is in has some AWESOME members who take photos at events and share them on their Facebook page.  This picture was taken at the zone conference.  I am very thankful for those that take pictures of these missionaries and share them.  It is great to see that Elder's face and quirky smile. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

October 20, 2019

October 20, 2019 With the changes to communication it feels as if there is less and less to add to the blog each week because Matthew call...