Sunday, December 16, 2018

December 16, 2018


Here's what we hear from Matthew this week:

"So the meal thing is going good, we still have members that will drop off a dinner for us to eat during the week. I honestly have not looked for a crockpot at all so I don't know if we have one. It really hasn't been too bad of an adjustment. Music is a weird story, there are a lot of different views on what is and isn't allowed to be listened to. Currently I just go along with whatever Elder Hodgson wants to listen to, and we have listened to a few Christmas songs recently. However if I am honest, the lack of snow keeps the feeling of Christmas distant. On the point of the temple, I believe that we get to go in January or February. I've been told that we only get to go twice a year, I am not sure why that is, but that's the rule. As for favorite restaurants, IHOP is great restaurant and we have one close to our apartment, Buffalo Wild Wings is another good one, we would go on Tuesdays, recently we have been going to Cafe Rio because it's quicker. Federal Way has all kinds of fast food though so whatever you believe that I would eat, that's the best thing I can say, you aren't really a picky eater any more when you're a missionary. As for a scripture this week, I think that Alma 5:25-26, I liked this scripture because me and Elder Hodgson listened to a talk by Hyrum W Smith. This talked really stood out to me and made me think about the "Marvelous Work and Wonder" that missionaries are doing. And I was just glad to be apart of it. For Light The World we aren't doing anything super special, however last week we did a service project as a district and did it in the name of Light The World. As for prayers, just keeping me in mind and praying that we keep the car again in Hylebos. I love you all, and I hope you have a good day.

Elder Harding"

During our back and forth conversations Monday we learned that they are meeting with a couple of new friends, and that they got to attend a baptism with one of them.   Matthew said that during this past week he also got to give his first priesthood blessing.  He was really excited about that.  We love that he is having such wonderful experiences on his mission.

He also told us that they are busy doing a lot of tracting right now.  They get to meet a lot of new people this way.  Matthew said it has been good that he hasn't been yelled at since November by anyone so that was a positive.

I also emailed with Sister Rasmussen, the mission president's wife this week and loved getting this little bit about Matthew back.

" We sure do love Elder Harding. He is doing so well and adjusting to this wonderful missionary life. We get to spend the day with them on Thursday as we do some follow up training. I will be sure to tell him hello from you.

 Thank you for sending such a wonderful young man to us.  We love him and promise we will take good care of him. This is the Lords work and it’s such an exciting thing to be a part of with these amazing young people! 

Sincerely,
Sister Rasmussen"

We also heard from a family in his area this week and got another picture.  He was there helping to hang their Christmas lights.  I'm glad he got the opportunity to do that because he was always a good helper at home getting the lights up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

October 20, 2019

October 20, 2019 With the changes to communication it feels as if there is less and less to add to the blog each week because Matthew call...