Sunday, December 9, 2018

December 9, 2018

Here's what we heard from Matthew this past week...

I had asked him about the Bellevue Nativity Festival because a lot of the other missionary moms were posting about it.

"So the nativity festival, I actually didn't hear much about it. So I guess that that answers that me and Elder Hodgson weren't there. I'm excited that you've gotten some snow! And I'm glad to hear that the YM were sent out to help with it. The weather here has been ok. It's not anything exciting, just rain and cloudy skies. So no snow yet, however I am holding up hope for a white Christmas. So my personal Book of Mormon reading has actually been slower than yours, but its picking up now. I am currently in Mosiah 23 and powering through. I have really found a joy in reading from the Book of Mormon that I hadn't had before. I think the biggest thing that stood out to me recently was in Mosiah 18, it really talks about the structure and purpose of the church and baptism. So that can be my weekly scripture. On the topic of our mission friends, well a lot of them have fallen off the path unfortunately, but we have found one guy that is really enjoying the lessons, we have daily contact with him throughout the week and then teach him on the weekends. As for how baptisms work. They are pretty simple to set up, however with all the ward Christmas parties it is making them more difficult to fit into the building schedule. Most commonly baptisms are on Saturday though so that we can confirm the new member that Sunday. That was something that I didn't know about until coming on my mission, they don't receive the gift of the holy ghost until the Sunday after the baptism. I'm excited to hear that you got to give a talk in a baptismal service! That must've been really cool to do. Things you can pray for this week, you can pray for the sun to come out sometime haha, people seem to be getting more and more grumpy now with how gray the skies are and how soon it's getting dark. And I am sorry about pictures, it just is really busy and hard to stop and take pictures, especially because the missionary handbook, specifically says to not look like tourists. I'll try harder to get some to you.

Elder Harding"

He also sent me a couple of pictures (probably under duress since I have BUGGED him over and over for them).  This is the few small Christmas decorations we sent him and maybe one of his companion's too because we only sent one tree.  Matthew's stocking is on the left and Porter's (his companion) is on the right.  The pictures are a little dark, but I'm sure that's so we could see the tree lights :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

October 20, 2019

October 20, 2019 With the changes to communication it feels as if there is less and less to add to the blog each week because Matthew call...